Monday, April 5, 2010

Gaining Ground


So it is that life comes at us...sometimes in giant leaps...and sometimes in baby steps.

I am reminded that this new life of mine is coming in baby steps. First the idea to stage, then the decision to register...and make plans to attend the training..and pay attention...and ask questions...and contribute, and finally to graduate.

Then the sorting of all the new information into a new set of steps all its own. Sort and settle on a company name, design my logo, create the cards, design a brochure...and on and on the list of steps goes.

And somewhere in there is the actual work of Staging...but where does it all fit together. And when does the dream slide over into reality? I wonder, I ponder, I plan, and still, I wait.

Yet in between the steps, I do! I actually DO!

I make the decision to go! I become an active member of my professional community. I answer the call to assist and I show up.

I make the decision to contribute. Contributing is more than merely showing up. It's taking the risk of putting a piece of my heart out there. It's the risk of the unknown, again. It's experiencing my first day of real life Staging. It is tiring, exhausting, exhilarating, and invigorating. And in the end it is knowing that I have found my Bliss.

I make the decision to be involved. I get invited to be on the Board. To give of my time, my talents, my energy, and my heart. Perhaps in this particular venture I am a novice, and still in the grander scheme of things, I am experienced in the pieces that make up the whole..so I say, "Yes!"

And one wonderful day, when the first of my "to do's" can be checked off as "done", I get the call to solo...and a Consultation is mine. The call has been mine to make. The appointment on the calendar bears my name. The card I leave, the brochure I drop off, the first and last impression...are all mine.

I am not yet soaring, nor am I flying. I don't even imagine I am yet running or even walking, but crawling?...I most definately am crawling.

And this my friend, is advancement.

This is certainly forward movement.

And this is absolutely gaining ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment